OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR “FINANCIAL CARE”
RCHC is committed to provide you with affordable healthcare services and will not discriminate based on your ability to pay. Our Patient Care Advocates are specialized staff who can help you determine the best way to finance your health care needs based on your eligibility. This may include:
- Enrolling you in Medicaid or Market Place Insurance Plans if you are eligible.
- Enrolling you in our Sliding Fee Discount Program that is adjusted based on your household income and family size.
- Just call 262-800-7242 and schedule an appointment to speak with a Patient Care Advocate for more information about insurance coverage options.
IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE
RCHC accepts Medicaid, Medicare, and many private commercial and Market Place insurance plans (see list). If you have insurance coverage, we ask you to do the following:
- Provide us with your insurance information at the time you schedule your appointment, so we can verify your coverage before your visit.
- Bring your most current insurance card to your appointment, and present it when you arrive to check-in.
- Bring any required co-pay to your appointment as required by your insurance plan.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE
If you do not have insurance, do not be discouraged. Like many of our patients, you may instead qualify to receive care from a RCHC provider for as little as $30 by using our Sliding Fee Discount Program. Eligibility in this program is determined by your total household income and family size, based on the Federal Income Poverty Levels. However, if you do not qualify for the Sliding Fee Discount Program, you will be required to pay the full amount for the service as listed on our Fee Schedule.
To determine if you qualify and the level of discount available, you must be able to provide the following information – ideally at the time of your visit – but no later than 30 days from the date of your scheduled appointment:
- Federal 1040 tax form from the previous year;
- At least 2 of the most recent paycheck stubs (if paid bi-weekly), or at least 4 recent paycheck stubs (if paid weekly), for you and anyone else who is part of the patient’s household and has verifiable income.
If you are eligible for the Sliding Fee Discount Program, we ask that you note the following:
- You may be asked to pay a minimum amount at the time of your appointment. You may pay by cash, check, or credit/debit card. Any remaining charged will be billed to you.
- If a full payment cannot be made at the time of service, we will ask that you meet with one of our Financial Counselors to set up a payment plan that works for you.
- The RCHC Fee Schedule is available for your review upon request at the location where you receive your service. This can help you understand the charges for the services you may receive. If you are eligible for the Sliding Fee Discount Program, the payment will be adjusted.
- By law, you have the right to request and receive a more formal “Good Faith Estimate” (GFE) of the total expected cost for your medical, dental, or behavioral health care service, if it is scheduled three or more days in advance. If requested, you will receive the GFE in writing at least one business day before your appointment and ask that you save a copy of the picture of the GFE. If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your GFE, you can dispute the bill.